hi
how can i add a new macro on confluence cloud? , for example, "page break"...(https://confluence.atlassian.com/pages/viewpage.action?spaceKey=DISC&title=pagebreak+user+macro#pagebreakusermacro-Purelysingle-linemacro) , because this instruction is not same on the admin cloud like in the example...
regards
It takes little more effort in Cloud, but its fairly trivial to add your own Static Content Macros - I covered this at Summit a few years ago.
You can use low-cost static content hosting options as long as they support HTTPS (you don't even need a domain).
It then only takes three files to create your macro:
Provision through the marketplace as a private add-on.
Hey Sebastian,
user macros are one of the restricted features of Confluence OnDemand. Please refer to the documentation for further information:
Restricted functions in Confluence Cloud
Best,
Max
ok, thanks
Sorry to say! I love writing smaller user macros and that's one of the things that keeps me away from Cloud. Additionally working with customization/CSS
50% of your answer is about how easy it is to do.. and 0% is about how to actually do it.
I posted that reply in 2018. However, last year I wrote an article with a bit more detail:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-Cloud-articles/How-to-create-simple-custom-macros-in-Confluence-Cloud/ba-p/1227422
Particularly as things can change, bear in mind that you may still find it necessary to dip into the development documentation https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/confluence/macros/
PS I might have a "community leader" badge, but I don't work for Atlassian.
Apologies for the tone. I was a bit frustrated, and had just gone through 20 different links about how to do it, and all were outdated or answers that didn't actually show how to do it.. Maybe I'm just used to stackoverflow. Thanks for the link, - Have a nice day!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.