I've been a Jira user/admin for about 10 years and I can't figure out if this is a feature that was removed or I'm doing something wrong.
I have a permission scheme setup that uses custom Project Roles, and this permission scheme is shared by numerous projects. These projects, schemes, and project roles were setup a couple of years ago. So it was long before the latest UI changes.
I want to add a user to a Project Role of a specific project, and I can't figure out how. I click on the "Add User" button, I get the pop-up to add a user, and I'm able to search/select the user I want, but when I open the "Role" drop down I don't see the Project Roles. I see the Project Roles on the screen under the pop-up, but they're not in the drop down in the pop-up. The "roles" in that list seem to be site groups I've setup.
I'm very confused...