It says I need to be an admin, which I am. Any ideas on how to make this work?
Do you mean you want to delete the issues, or just not see them on the board? (A board is a view of issues, it's not a container)
I mean I want to delete the issue, so that it's gone permanently (no longer viewable on the board or saved anywhere). When I click on delete it tells me I don't have permissions. I am the admin. Do you know how I change the permisisons or otherwise remove the issue?
I strongly recommend that you strictly limit this option - this forum is littered with people who used "delete issue" and finding out that it's very very hard to get back.
If you insist, then you have to remember that admin permissions give you admin. They don't give you project rights.
Delete is a project permission, so go to the permission scheme for the project behind the issue and check who has "delete issue". Make yourself match, either by altering your access (roles or groups) or amend the scheme (or both!)
I have set the permission scheme to allow anyone to delete an issue (I'm the only one using the board - so there is no risk that someone inadvertently deletes something) and I still get the popup that says
"It seems that you have tried to perform an operation which you are not permitted to perform. If you think this message is wrong, please contact your Jira Administrator."
Any thoughts?
Forget the board for a minute, go to the full non-board issue view of the issue and check the tools menu. Does it have "delete" on it?
thanks
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.