Hi,
I'm trying to setup a portfolio/programme backlog similar to the following blog articles in Jira-On-Demand:
http://blogs.atlassian.com/2013/10/project-portfolio-management-with-jira-agile-12/
https://blogs.atlassian.com/2013/10/project-portfolio-management-with-jira-agile-22/
Goal:
On a Portfolio project board, show FEATURE names in swimlanes with EPICS from 'child' project (e.g. one of several Team backlogs).
SWIMLANE 1 = FEATURE 1
>Project 1 - EPIC 1
>Project 1 - EPIC 2
>Project 2 - EPIC 1
SWIMLANE 2 = FEATURE 2
>Project 1 - EPIC 3
>Project 1 - EPIC 4
>Project 2 - EPIC 2
...Essentially this would emulate what the 'Story' swimlane option does with standard issues except at a different level and across projects.
Methods:
I've tried various JQL queries using 'linked issues', but I don't seem to find good examples of how to return the linking hierarchy. It seems like ALL the link and data plug-ins recommended to make this easier are for the 'hosted' version of Jira.
Question:
Am I going to have to migrate to a 'hosted' version from On-demand to use a plug-in or can someone point me to some examples of how this has been done in On-demand previously?
Dennis