Hi, first time here.
I had to face this situation. I have a bug to resolve. I opened a bug issue on Jira. I figured out that, in order to solve an issue, I had to work on 2 different repositories. At this point the issue is in state open.
So, I have created 2 branches (and the issue passed to the in progress state), one per repository, in order to work on the required fixes. At a certain point, I was ready to make pull requests to merge back the branch in the development branch.
I would have expected the issue to enter the resolved state when both the branches would have been merged. But as soon as the first pull request successfully merged, the issue changed to resolved.
What am I doing wrong? Is there a design problem? Can this be configured somehow, like setting the transition to resolve trigger to fire when all the branches from an issue are merged back?
Thanks