I have an epic ticket DSTRA-71 and a story DSTRA-110 linked to it. However on ticket DSTRA-110, the epic link shows up as "unlabelled-DSTRA-71" . Why does it say unlabelled? The link works and it doesn't look like anything is wrong with the epic.
I've seen this when:
Thanks! for some reason, it was created without an "Epic Name" even though it is a mandatory field. Not sure how that happened.
Just experienced this. What happened to me was I changed the issue type from a task to an epic, hence the epic name was blank
I just made a brand new scrum project with all the defaults for everything. created an epic. No epic name field. created a task from this epic. now the task shows 'unlabelled-CAP-1" as the epic.
This is the most asinine default setup i've ever seen behind Rally CA Agile Central. Now i have to pore through pages and pages of confusing documentation to figure out how to make a custom field for epic name?? how does atlassian make such a BASIC thing so terrible by default???
I changed an Epic to a Feature back to an Epic, and the EpicName was removed. And there is indeed no field to add it. Why is JIRA so COMPLEX?
Changed a Task to an Epic using the simple drop-down - ended up with this issue - the summary was populated with the Issue Title, but the 'title' field for the Epic was blank...
Appears to be a platform bug, maybe because the input title was too long, it didn't create a Title in the Epic? It was fixable, but annoying.Has anyone seen a Bug Issue created for this yet?
I solved it adding the Epic Name as a required field when creating an Epic under a JSD project. So far no complaints from the customer.
I too changed a task to an epic using the drop-down and was faced with this issue.
I didn't have the permissions necessary to modify project settings to use some of the other suggested work-arounds. I was able to get around it by turning off the New Issue View under Profile and Settings -> Personal Settings -> Jira labs. After turning the new issue view off, I could navigate to the issue, click the Edit button and edit the epic name at the top of the edit view.
This is the ridiculous solution if you are having this problem, and can't fid the name field because of the new view.
Yeah, definitely needs to be fixed in the new view. I've stopped using it entirely.
Faced the same issue about editing the epic name. I turned off the New issue view and it worked. Hopefully it is fixed for New issue view asap.
I'm a new Jira administrator and I've tried/looked for all of these ideas/solutions above
Have you tried this?
1. Open the Epic
2. Click Edit
There should be two fields on top of the screen, the Epic Name and Summary. To remove the "unlabelled", just add an Epic Name
I'm a fairly tech-savvy person and Jira has been making me lose sleep since I started working in it a few weeks ago.
TFS was SO MUCH EASIER THAN this! I'm half tempted to talk to my management about switching at this point.
OK Found it. Open backlog, open epics and find your epic then click edit.
My problem was that I changed a story to an epic. By associating the epic with the stories, they appeared with the word "unlabeled".
I solved it by opening the epic and writing in a field called "Epic name" because I never found a function called "Edit epic".
Using the "Old view" and updating the Epic name fixes the issue for me.
It has been 2 years and why hasn't this still been addressed?
This solved my problem, thank you!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.