We are using Confluence 4.2.8 and would like to hide from users the page title to make the page look cleaner. We are using Navitabs to help with the navigation and the page title just look odd above the navitabs.
Any ideas?
You can use CSS again to override the default settings and make it invisible. Use Custom HTML again, Browse > Confluence Admin . Custom HTML
<style type="text/css"> h1.pagetitle {display:none;} </style>
You can add it just after the javascript to set your drop down menu ;-)
and if you want rid of the page meta data (created, modified dates) as well....
<style type="text/css"> h1.pagetitle {display:none;} div.page-metadata ul li {display:none;} </style>
Thanks youuu
Thank you so much!
Great suggestion! Because this is CSS though it's better off in the Stylesheet section of Confluence Admin, so it's easy to find later on. In there you just need to enter this line:
h1.pagetitle {display:none;}
h
1
.pagetitle {
display
:
none
;}
Hello. Quick question, if there's a way to hide it,, is there also a way we can format it on our own preference? By default, it displays the logo and all. Is there a way to remove the logo, change the font size (to make it bigger) and implement a color scheme for this?
Hi,
I am using the documentation theme. The only way I can hid the page title is using this code:
h1 {display:none;} !important
Trouble is when I do this, all h1's disappear throughout the site. so then I tried the following and it doesn't work at all. I'm new at Confluence, html and css, so any help appreciated! Thanks
h1.pagetitle {display:none;} !important
We are using cloud. How can I hide the page title for few pages. We are using documentation theme.
For Confluence 5.8.5, I managed to get the following working without disabling all h1 tags:
h1
1) Add HTML macro to bottom of page (use default settings)
2) Add html as follows:
<style type="text/css"> #title-text { display: none;} </style>
I got it to work in the space's sytlesheet by adding:
#title-text { display: none;}
As far as I see "Custom HTML" addon is very expensive...Is there no built-in way to hide the title??IMHO this should be supported by default (show/hide title)
I think I used this code in older versions. Now, in 6.13.23 it doesn't seem to work anymore.
Any idea for an updated version? What would be the proper html element and/or CSS class that I have to grab (the equivalent to "h1.pagetitle" from the old example) ?
I tried with "h1#title-text". That works when entered on the wiki page with the CSS macro. But when exporting the page to PDF, it doesn't seem to have any effect.
Saw this too late (after my post from above). Now, tried it, doesn't work in my case for some reason ;-(
Can confirm this is what works in Confluence cloud, thank you!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.