Hi all, I would like to know how to automate the change of an issue type.
Regards.
@Guillermo Rosas, we are going to need more info here. Please explain the use case. Under what conditions do you want to change the issue type. For example...
I want to automatically change the issue type from Bug to Improvement when Component is New Feature.
Hi @Jack Brickey
Thanks for your response, In that case, when there is an specific request participant.
To explain better I will give some features how do I use servicedesk:
Most of our customers creates a case through email channel, and there are 2 big types: 1. technical support for customers (support) as a default issue and 2. Selling information for potential customers (selling), each one follows a diferent workflow (so a different issue type).
Also I set a different email channel for each case: support@company.com for support (main) and information@company.com for selling (alias).
So, when a potential customer sends an email to information@company.com requesting information for our products, servicedesk creates the case keeping the alias (information@company.com) as a request participant.
To separate those selling cases and prevent them from mixing with technical support cases, I made an automation rule that changes the "customer request type" if the case have info@company.com as a request participant and it is separated in the respective queue, but the issue type is not changed, it keeps only in "support" then our sells staf has to change manually the issue type (but it is not practical because they have to change more than 100 cases each day)
So I would like to create an automation rule to change the issue type if there is "information@company.com" on request participant.
Regards
I'm still not quite sure I understand. Do you have a single project or two projects (support, selling)? If not why not is sure seems that they should be different projects. If a single project how do you have two emails feeding it? Maybe this is server and server allows that but didn't think so.
It is only one project, I set two emails and create a rule to separate each type, that is explained in this question:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Desk-questions/Configure-more-than-one-email-channels-in-a-project/qaq-p/690096#M9952
My doubt is if it is possible to create an automation rule to change the issue type if there are some conditions, f.e. an specific request participant.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.