I'm upgrading a JIRA 6.3.10 instance to JIRA 6.4.10 in order to have the exact same version of JIRA so that I can import a project into it that comes from a JIRA 6.4.10 instance. I've upgraded JIRA Core to 6.4 and made all the preparations described in https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/restoring-a-project-from-backup-185729444.html. In that document, it says "Upgrade the custom fields plugin version of your target instance of JIRA to match the version of JIRA in which the backup was created." I'm trying to do that but can't figure out how.
I went ahead to try the project import to see what error message I would get, since I'm doing this in a practice instance. When I get to the phase of importing the project from the .zip archive, the Project Import: Select Project to Import page complains that 3 custom fields are required. The full keys for the add-ons that relate to these fields are com.pyxis.jira:gh-epic-link, .gh-lexo-rank, and .gh-sprint. The version of the (Greenhopper) Agile Project Management for JIRA add-on appears to be 6.3.13.1 in the target JIRA instance but the project I exported from had version 6.7.0. On Atlassian Marketplace, I can find version 6.7.12 at https://marketplace.atlassian.com/download/plugins/com.pyxis.greenhopper.jira/version/1930, but I can't find a place where I can get an earlier version, specifically 6.7.0.
Will 6.7.12 work in the place of 6.7.0? The instructions say "If your instance of JIRA had any custom field plugins (e.g. JIRA Toolkit) installed when the backup file was created and the custom field was used in your project, then your target instance of JIRA must have the same version of the plugins installed for the Project Import tool to automatically work." So, I'm guessing that it won't work.
If I can't get the desired 6.7.0 version of the plug-in, is the recommended solution to upgrade both my source and target instances to the 6.7.12 version, redo the export, and re-try the import?