When I attached a file onto Confluence, the Jira Activity Stream shows a new entry.However, when I click on the attachment link on the Activity Stream, Jira returns an error.
Any pointers to how to resolve this broken link is appreciated.
Hi Martin
I found a bug that describes the situation you're seeing at CONFSERVER-52102: Broken Attachment Link in JIRA Activity Stream Gadget. Take a look at the ticket and if you agree that is what you're seeing take a look at the workaround:
Workaround Open the attachment link in a new tab and remove one of the 2 forward slashes between the Base URL and download/attachments. E.g. from: http://10.60.2.82:8090//download/attachments to
Open the attachment link in a new tab and remove one of the 2 forward slashes between the Base URL and download/attachments. E.g. from:
to
http://10.60.2.82:8090/download/attachments
Let me know if that is the issue and if so please also vote on the issue to add impact and you'll be notified when there is a change to the issue.
Cheers,
Branden
That workaround is not a solution. It doesn't make sense for the user to open a new tab and manually change the URL.The fault is within the Jira software which should be addressed by a proper fix.
Hi Martin,
I understand. For now that is the workaround to get it work until a fix is found and made available. Please be sure to vote on CONFSERVER-52102 to add impact so hopefully we can get this resolved faster.
Hi,
Is there a workaround for this one? I also encountered same issue.
Thanks!
Kei
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.