Sourcetree and Bitbucket are making me lost my mind: I can't successfully push files to a Bitbucket repo using Sourcetree (but I'm successfully pushing/pulling from github, which is odd since it's not made by atlassian).
I presume my problem is permissions based. I've attempted and failed repeatedly trying to set up and select clone on bitbucket, copy/paste address for SSH and HTTPS access to the repo into sourcetree.
SSH fails whether I place my SSH keys at the account level or at the repo level in Bitbucket (I have one key, it will only let me put it on the account or the repo, but not both; when I attempt to add it again it warns the keys are in use at the other level – makes no sense since the idea is to identify users thus only one set should be required, or either should work... they do on GIT, but not bitbucket).
HTTPS requires me to remove the keys to work at all, but when I do I get this odd message: "I don't handle protocol 'git clone https' " I attempted typing the https string in manually, as I saw on Stack that the paste sticks a unicode character in there. No love.
C'mon, this can't possibly be so hard! It definitely isn't with git. I need a private repo, and am paying at github for what's theoretically free on bitbucket, but it doesn't work at all. Is this a case of "get what you pay for" or am I doing something wrong here? Apparently this is a common problem, which no one is inclined to answer:
https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/100257.
https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/12158469
https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/32015697
https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/13417039
Tried so far:
Instructions at: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/153092
Yields error: " Pushing to git@bitbucket.org:musicliteam/musicli-local-dev.git Permission denied (publickey).
fatal: Could not read from remote repository. "
But there are no public keys! So I presume this method relies on SSH.
What's the simplest way to push a local repo to Bitbucket using Sourcetree on a mac? I've followed every instruction and tutorial I've found to the letter. This seems impossible.