Hello,
Thank you for JIRA and Confluence, absolutely amazing tools I wish I would have stumbled upon years earlier! We have been using JIRA and related tools for a few weeks now and you have brought my developers to life! Previously, it was hard managing the cases...long story short, JIRA has been amazing.
I look forward to also making our Confluence site our hub for documentation, teams, and more. With all that said, I am not a fan of using port numbers in the URL's, for us devs it's fine, to our non techy users it may confuse or concern them. I'm using Windows Server 2008 R2 on all of my servers and I realize that having IIS on these servers is part of the cause. I tried the IIS integrations but things didn't work such as popup dialogs in JIRA so I abandoned the IIS integrations.
As we are with JIRA and tools for life, we love them, I want to figure out how to get setup such that I can do away with port numbers. While I'm not knowledgable in Linux, I can put CentOS on one of the servers and move all of the Atlassian products to this server if that would solve this problem. I'm not sure if the problem would remain there too but I'm not knowledgable with CentOS/*nix on how this would work.
If anyone could help in getting a configuration devised such that I can enjoy URL's such as jira.domain.com and wiki.domain.com and fisheye.domain.com without port assignments this would be great.
Thank you.
P.S. If there is a way to do this on Windows that would be ideal, even if removing IIS was needed as I do prefer what I know (Windows), and the Windows GUI