Hey Everyone!
I've been a Jira developer/admin for a few years now and have almost exclusively played with the UI, never the background server. So I figured I would use a spare home computer as a Jira server to play with.
I installed CentOS and PostgreSQL without issue. Since I'm not very familiar with server administration I ran the Jira default express install. When it finished it said that I could now connect via my web browser. Every time I try it tells me the server is refusing connections. I have confirmed that Jira is running and I can connect to the server with my terminal, but not via a browser. I'm seeing two errors that seem to pop up every time I start jira:
2018-01-15 22:50:58,120 localhost-startStop-1 ERROR [webwork.config.DefaultConfiguration] Skipping configuration for class 'com.atlassian.jira.config.webwork.JiraPluginsConfi
guration'
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unable to resolve component: interface com.atlassian.plugin.event.PluginEventManager
at com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessorWorker.getComponentOfType(ComponentAccessorWorker.java:40)
at com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor.getComponentOfType(ComponentAccessor.java:255)
at com.atlassian.jira.config.webwork.JiraPluginsConfiguration.getPluginEventManager(JiraPluginsConfiguration.java:85)
at com.atlassian.jira.config.webwork.JiraPluginsConfiguration$PluginSystemAccessor.<init>(JiraPluginsConfiguration.java:121)
at com.atlassian.jira.config.webwork.JiraPluginsConfiguration.<init>(JiraPluginsConfiguration.java:27)
... 3 filtered
at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:423)
at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:442)
at webwork.config.DefaultConfiguration.<init>(DefaultConfiguration.java:116)
at webwork.config.Configuration.getDefaultConfiguration(Configuration.java:135)
at webwork.config.Configuration.getConfiguration(Configuration.java:112)
at com.atlassian.jira.config.webwork.WebworkConfigurator.configureWebwork(WebworkConfigurator.java:66)
at com.atlassian.jira.config.webwork.WebworkConfigurator.setupConfiguration(WebworkConfigurator.java:59)
at com.atlassian.jira.startup.LauncherContextListener.initFastStuff(LauncherContextListener.java:137)
at com.atlassian.jira.startup.LauncherContextListener.contextInitialized(LauncherContextListener.java:101)
... 5 filtered
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException
at java.util.Optional.orElseThrow(Optional.java:290)
at com.atlassian.jira.ComponentManager.getRequiredPicoContainer(ComponentManager.java:429)
at com.atlassian.jira.ComponentManager.getComponentInstanceOfType(ComponentManager.java:486)
at com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessorWorker.getComponentOfType(ComponentAccessorWorker.java:38)
... 25 more
and the other:
2018-01-15 23:20:56,263 localhost-startStop-2 ERROR [o.a.c.c.C.[Catalina].[localhost].[/]] Exception sending context destroyed event to listener instance of class com.atlassi
an.jira.startup.LauncherContextListener
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.atlassian.jira.startup.ClusteringLauncher.stop(ClusteringLauncher.java:46)
at com.atlassian.jira.startup.DefaultJiraLauncher.stop(DefaultJiraLauncher.java:197)
at com.atlassian.jira.startup.LauncherContextListener.contextDestroyed(LauncherContextListener.java:214)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStop(StandardContext.java:4774)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.stopInternal(StandardContext.java:5411)
... 3 filtered
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Neither of those means anything to me (other than ERROR is bad), so any help you could provide would be awesome. Thanks!