We would like to estimate in hours rather than story points, but I don't know how to configure this in JIRA
Hello,
Go to the board configuration then choose Estimation in the vertical menu. In the Estimation Statstic field choose Original Time Estimate
Works perfectly for issues that did not previously have any estimates associated with them. However, I have issues in the backlog that have original time estimate value assigned to them that I want to switch to story points. When I change the board configuration to story points the original time estimate is still preserved. I want to over write those w/ story points, any idea if/how this can be done?
Hi,
you may filter for those having an initial estimate, like this JQL:
originalEstimate is not Empty AND project = YourProject order by created DESC
And doing a bulk operation on your filter results.
I hope, this helps.
@Roberto Luis Rodriguez-Estevez, I tried this but there is no way to bulk edit the Original Estimate field...
For anyone looking at this recently - the answer is now under "features" in "project settings" for Team-managed projects.
Thank you for the update. I couldn't find the "Estimates" option everyone was talking about
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.