We are using Jira in the cloud, but want to bring in Confluence and Crucible, so we'll need to build up a server. What is the most straightforward way to do that under Windows. Or would a VM running *nix be a better approach?
Hi John,
Welcome on Community!
To answer your question I'd say that the running OS might be at your preference (both Unix and Windows are supported). I personally prefer Unix as I'm more familiar with its administration. If you want an "easy" way to install and maintain applications, I'd recommend the running "as a service" which is kind of straight forward.
Atlassian documentation is well done and can be found here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver071/installing-jira-applications-802592161.html (for Jira) and https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/confluence-installation-guide-135681.html (for Confluence).
If you need to migrate from Cloud to Server, you might have a look here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver071/migrating-from-jira-cloud-to-server-applications-802592270.html
Please let us know if you have any specific questions while trying it out!Hope this helps!
Cheers
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.