HI, We are a large project that uses components to tag the issues with the appropriate team. Issues are then assigned to an epic to identify the user feature they correspond to.
The Scrum board queries uses the component to find issues for the team.
Problem
When developers create subtasks on issues they often forget to assign a component. This means the subtasks don't show on the board and we are therefore having problems managing delivery
I see 2 solutions
1. make subtasks inherit the parent component. I believe this is now a deprecated feature on cloud and I don't see a way to do this without a plugin and not sure if available on the cloud
2. amend the board query so that it includes issues with the component AND issues that have a parent with that component. I see syntax such as "parent in issuelist" but I'm not sure how to make it work as there is little in the help and nothing on any forums
Any advice gratefully received!