Hi all,
We're currently using a combination of the create-page macro, create-child macro, and Confluence templates to spontaneously create a new page with child pages at the click of a button. So I can create a new page "Mazda" and a structure like so:
Mazda 323
- Service History
- Specs
- Owner History
And that works just lovely. Unfortunately, if I leave the above as is and then create a new page "Ford" through the same method, we end up with:
Ford Focus
- Service History 1
- Specs 1
- Owner History 1
And so forth, because Confluence doesn't like pages with the same name within the same space (and fair enough, too).
My question is this - can I somehow pass a variable 'down the line' to these pages? The create-page macro allows me to prefix and postfix %parenttitle% for example, but unfortunately it seems that create-child doesn't... unless I'm not using it correctly. Ideally I'd like to be able to do something like this:
Ford Focus
- Focus Service History
- Focus Specs
- Focus Owner History
Anyone tried something similar?