I'm looking to connect two JIRA servers behind the same firewall and have a couple questions on doing so. First I will say that both instances are already setup, JIRA 1 has 500 user licenses purchased for it, JIRA 2 has 5.
JIRA 1 is an internal JIRA instance used for internal projects.
JIRA 2 is an external JIRA instance that uses JIRA Service Desk to allow "agents" to communicate with customers.
Here are my questions:
1. How can I link the two so that I can not only link tickets between the instances, but also have users from JIRA 1 see AND comment on customer tickets in JIRA 2. PLEASE NOTE, customers should not be able to see these comments.
2. To get the workflow in Question 1, do I need to purchase an extra set of licenses in JIRA 2 for all the users in JIRA 1?
3. Are there issues with linking JIRA instances of different versions? JIRA 1 is v6.4.7 and JIRA 2 is 7.3.6
Thanks,
Brett