Hi there,
we have a problem with our email notifications. If an agent gets assigned to a ticket, he recieves no email notification about that event.
Our notification settings seems to be right, but maybe I am missing something?
Okay I am not really sure what I have done, but the problem is solved now.
I played around with the user roles again. Set the ominous agent to the customer role again, added him to organizations and then set it all back.All I have already done before (!) but now it worked.So I think the main reason was a conflict between the agent account and adding the account to the role service desk customer or even a customer organization.
I am really confused but also glad the problem is solved now Thanks a lot to @Alexey Matveevand @Ignacio Pulgar!
Did the user assigned the issue to himself, or was it assigned to him by anyone else?
If it was assigned by himself, that's the expected behaviour, provided that user 'does not get notified of its own changes'. That option can be changed from the user's profile.
Hello,
Accrording to your scheme current assignee will not get a notification when an issue was created. I mean if you create an issue and set an assignee for it then only support user wil be notified. Is it the case? Or even if you change the current assignee on an existing issue, the new assignee will not receive an email?
The issue was assigned to him by someone else.
Yes, the support user is a composite user (agent) who recieves all tickets and also the email notifications after creating. This works without any problems.
Our support team proceeds the ticket and may assign it to another agent to work on it. And this step seems not to work properly.
I think Alexey's point might be pointing to the solution here.
Just for clarifying it: Was the issue initially created and, afterwards, assigned to an Agent? Or was the issue assigned to the Agent from the Create Issue screen?
Aslo you can troubleshoot your problems with the following article
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/mail-and-mail-handlers-troubleshooting-211649643.html
Is the affected agent under the Service Desk Agents project role in the project the request belongs to? Note that Service Desk might override some of your configuration in the Notification Scheme.
May the affected agent double check the notification email has not been marked as spam, therefore skipping in the inbox?
Glad you could finally fix it!
Regards!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.