OK, I've been searching high and low for this for a solid day, but haven't come up with a definitive answer. We're nearly ready to start using Jira in production, but I have one maddening problem I've yet to find a solution for.
A lot of our help desk calls are quickly resolved before we hang up the phone. This might be a password reset or remoting into their workstation to do something or some other quick task. Maybe you're entering tickets after the fact if you had some larger issues that had to be addressed before you had a chance to log anything. The problem is that I can't figure out a way to quickly resolve the issue upon creation. You have to first log the ticket, then go and open the ticket back up, click Workflow > Resolve, fill that screen out and finally resolve. For quick calls like a PW reset, it almost takes longer to deal with the ticketing system than it does to actually handle the task... not ideal. It's just way too many clicks and waiting to do something that should be quick and it really adds a lot of UX friction and cognitive load when you have a lot of them to do.
I've found a number of people asking about similar scenarios, but their resolution never quite matches my situation. A large number of people seem to end up using this plugin or that plugin to handle something like this... Surely this doesn't require yet another plugin?
Part of my problem may just be that I haven't used this tool long enough to grasp all of the ins and outs of the workflow system. It would seem to me that this would be an often requested function for everyone using this as a help desk tool since this has been a standard feature/need everywhere I've ever worked and in every tool I've ever used. Yet it seems difficult to accomplish with this system.
Ultimately, I just need a way to create a ticket and optionally have it either resolve the thing or not based on a simple checkbox or other flag. Ability to add resolution comments would be a bonus. If I could just have the existing 'Resolve' transition screen pop up after submitting, that would be great. Can this be done with just a modification of workflow I'm already using for incident management (which is basically the Jira Service Desk out of box workflow)?
Why is this so hard? What am I missing here? Thanks in advance!