I've been asked this question by JSD Cloud customers a couple of times and i've never found a definitive answer to whether it is supported (and if so how it can be configured).
For a "clean/new" JSD project:
Preferred Scenario:
- Customers can only create requests via the portal (not via email)
- Only on existing requests can agents and customers collaborate via email
a. When a new public comment is added by an agent, the customer recieves an email
b. Customer can reply to that email which adds a comment
If I Turn Off Email requests in the JSD Project, 1, and 2a is satisfied but 2b fails.
My relunctant hack
I've been implementing an Automation based "hack" by doing the following
- Create hidden request type
- Turn On Email Requests and associate emails requests with this hidden request type
- Adding automation to instantly close the issue and comment to the customer that they need to go to the portal
- have it run as an agent so they get the notifcation
- Notification fix to only acknowledge requests created via the portal
- Disable the Request created customer notification so email requests don't get a "we're on it" notification
- Add an automation to send a "we're on it" notification to request created via the portal (IF request-channel-type != email)
.. but I would prefer a cleaner solution as that's a lot of logic to walk through.
I'd like to be able to enable email comments only on requests created through the portal that wouldn't result in closed requests appearing in the customer's history of request in the portal.
Is there any such configuration?