Trying to add custom column it appears when I create it under 'board settings' but I can't change status and the column doesn't appear in my board after I do this. Help?
@Ashlee Hudson, some screen shots might help here. So you are going to the board settings and have added a column but the column doesn't show once you return to the board view, correct? This would be odd. Also have you mapped one or more statuses to the new column? You also say you can't change status, what exactly does that mean. Does that mean you can drag an issue from one column into the new column or something else?
Hey there thanks for getting back to me! The first screenshot shows when I'm changing or adding a column which appears to be added although it won't let me add a status. The second screenshot is when I go back to the board the column doesn't exist.
@Jack Brickey
the first shot shows the issue. you have no unmapped statuses and no status mapped to the Testing/QA column so as it indicates the column will not display on the board. Now I will go out on the limb and guess at what you should do here.
1) add a new status for the Testing/QA state, e.g. "QA", into your workflow
2) go to board settings and map (drag/drop) "QA" to the new column
hope that helps!
I also am trying to never use simplified workflows. They are not helpful to me. I have the builds workflow applied to most of my other projects, but somehow I am no longer able to implement it all of a sudden. WHY?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.