For software development, we use a Kanban board.
We are doing a big documentation project right now. I would like to use something lighter weight, as we don't need sprints, releases, etc. Each feature to document has a few articles that need writing. I would like to create a task for each feature, and sub-task for each article.
I love how lightweight and fast the Agility and Task Tracking projects are. The Agility projects do not appear to support sub-tasks, or groupings of tasks, so that is out. The Task Tracking template seems like it would work by just adding a In Progress and In Review column.
But I would like each article to move through the flow on its own, exactly how it would work on the Kanban board. As each article will be written and reviewed separately, but I would like them grouped by feature for assignment. It seems that the board has no way of dealing with subtasks at all, you have to mine into them from the parent task card.
Is my only option to create a Kanban project for this? Or are there better suggestions?