Hi,
How to display a custom field based on another field selection when creating an issue in a Service Desk project. I tried following similar instructions mentioned in the link below and it did not work. I am using JIRA server version 7.6.1
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira061/jira-administrators-faq/usage-faq/displaying-a-field-based-on-another-field-selection
I did see a few posts where people have used Behaviors plugin for these types of requirements but that does not support my Jira Version and hence i am looking if someone was able to achieve this using javascript in the custom field description.
Behaviors, part of Scriptrunner, should definitely support your version of Jira. If you have this plugin, I'd suggest using it over custom javascript.
If the script example in the KB article did not work for you, can you explain why that is? The concept in play with that article should still be sound.
Hi Steven,
I did a mistake with the custom javascript in the KB article. It works now but only with 2 custom fields. If I have to set a value to a custom field based on a System field selection (Ex. Issue Type) it does not work. Is there a way or format to read system field in the custom javascript.
You absolutely need to provide the script you're using as well as any errors you're seeing.
Here is the javascript i am using in the description of a custom field. This works fine when both the the fields are custom fields. But i am looking to show/hide a custom field based on a system field selection (Ex. Issue Type (id: issuetype))
<script type="text/javascript">jQuery(document).ready(function($) {JIRA.bind(JIRA.Events.NEW_CONTENT_ADDED, function (e, context) {callChangeFunction();});callChangeFunction();function callChangeFunction(){showHidField();// dropdown custom field change function$("#customfield_10001").change(function() {showHidField();});}function showHidField(){//drop down field selected valuevar dropDownFieldval =$.trim($("#customfield_10001 :selected").text());//test field1$("#customfield_10000").closest('div.field-group').hide();if(dropDownFieldval == 'Access'){$("#customfield_10000").closest('div.field-group').show();}if(dropDownFieldval == 'Fault'){$("#customfield_10000").closest('div.field-group').show();}}});</script>
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.