As of the afternoon PST 12/29, we began experiencing drastic reduction in SourceTree performance. It appears that anytime there is server access, it takes 10-15 seconds for the action to be completed; e.g., select a different file, select a different commit, open a different repository, etc.
There are seven of us all experiencing this, all on Mac SourceTree. I've been using 2.6.3. One associate is using v2.1, another is using 2.3.2, and they both are having the same experience. I tried completely uninstalling and installing 2.5.3 but had the same results so have gone back to 2.6.3.
We have our own bitbucket server. Git command line seems to perform fine. One associate is using Windows SourceTree and says he doesn't see any issues. It seems to be only with the Mac SourceTree GUI. Which doesn't make sense given that we're using the same versions we were using that morning. One minute it was performing great (normal) and only a few minutes later, on the next use, it was doing this slow behavior.
As of the morning of 12/29 and prior, performance was very acceptable. So the community discussions I found (like this one SourceTree 2.6.3 (2.6.x) for Mac is horribly slow) don't seem to apply since performance has previously been fine.
UPDATE: [I tried adding this as a comment/answer and the site kept telling me I couldn't add HTML.]
We changed from using the embedded git (2.8.1) to the system git (2.14.3) and the performance is dramatically better. I can't be sure it is as fast as it was before but it seems about that good.