I am running JIRA Server on Windows with no additional IIS or Apache, standard install running as a service. I am not following the other posts in community or through the links below to configure http://jira.domain.com - any guidance is post appreciated:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver071/configuring-the-base-url-802593107.html
https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver071/changing-jira-application-tcp-ports-802593049.html?_ga=2.203373393.1796695447.1513792847-629529442.1488208094
https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver071/integrating-jira-applications-with-iis-802593039.html?_ga=2.56103915.1796695447.1513792847-629529442.1488208094#IntegratingJIRAapplicationswithIIS-configurejira
Thank you!
Pat, what exactly are looking for? Are you saying that you cannot figure out how to configure JIRA to run on a domain name other than http://localhost:8080? Have you already registered a domain name and you are wanting to run your JIRA on that URL?
Added: Pat, to get JIRA running over http://jira.domain.com, you'll need to introduce a Webserver. Install Apache on the server that the DNS points to(doesn't have to be Apache, just the one I am most familiar with). You'll want to follow the steps outlined in the Atlassian documentation:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira064/integrating-jira-with-apache-720411718.htmlIn particular, you'll want to load the correct modules in apache
LoadModule proxy_module modules/mod_proxy.so LoadModule proxy_connect_module modules/mod_proxy_connect.so LoadModule proxy_http_module modules/mod_proxy_http.so
And create a new virtualhost that contains something similar to the following:
# JIRA Proxy Configuration: <Proxy *> <span>Require all granted</span> </Proxy> ProxyRequests Off ProxyPreserveHost On ProxyPass / http://jiraserver:8080/ ProxyPassReverse / http://jiraserver:8080/
Yes, I am not sure how to update the server.xml and/or the Base URL in admin to get http://jira.domain.com to lead me to the application after adding the DNS entry for the same on our network. I will then be working on SSL
Thanks
Thanks for the information!
I will work on Apache install but wish I could remember how it was setup below because I did not have Apache installed before but had the custom url w/o port
Thanks again
Do the proxy statements need to be in certain spot of server xml?
I am still struggling with getting http://jira.domain.com w/o having to use http://jira.domain.com:8080
You should be able to place it at the bottom of the "Virtualhost" section. If you are having trouble you can include conf file for more recommendations.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.