Since the update I can no longer find how to delete boards, as the ability to manage boards seems to have gone. Where can I find it now?
For me, I see the option to delete boards here:
If you are on cloud with new UI:
Perfect, there it is, ta!
There it is, thanks!
This was it.
I am not able to find these option
@Jeetendra Swain, if you are on cloud and you own the board you wish to delete go to magnifying glass > board section and click View all boards. You can delete from that screen.
There is no more "View all boards" in the Search bar in 2019... so where to do it now?
Edit: I was wrong, it is not in the Search bar, but in the "Search Boards" - thnx!
Verify your Jira version first, these instructions are for Jira cloud version
2. It will bring a Search Screen
And at the bottom of same screen, you can Click on Boards to filter your search for Boards only
3. Type your board name you want to delete, once you see the board, on the right hand side of the board, you see three dots, when you click three dots, you will see the following options (depends upon your access on the board) and if you have access, you can delete the board from there. If you have an active sprint on this board, it will bring a waring screen to say, you have active sprint and if you still want to delete it, if its a duplicate board, you can delete it if not, you may want to wait until you complete the sprint.
This is so amazingly intuitive that I have to congratulate the Atlassian's design team! WOW. Thank you
@Lukáš DoležalThat was sarcasm, right? Nothing about Jira is intuitive.
@Jason Cowley Correct. Both of your statements
Go here to manage the boards... /secure/ManageRapidViews.jspa
Thank you, this is the quickest solution Immediately solved my issue.
It is what i look for, thank you
Does anyone else agree, that Atlassian have a habit of moving things for the sake of it, it keep you on your toes, but also infuriates me to the point I go looking for alternatives. Argh rant over.
In the version of JIRA that I use, you have to be in the configuration page for that board. Once you are in there then you can click on the board menu and you will see the delete option. I had to go through all the options mentioned above to figure this out.
can you post a screenshot? running into the same problem and cant find the delete/remove option anywhere...
Sure, you first need to select the board. Then click on the board button and select Configure.
After you click on configure you will see the Board button again. Click on it again and you should see the Delete option.
Perfect! Why does Atlassian hide that page so well in the UI ?
Worst experience with a UI... Really need to step up their UX. Should not be that hard to just delete a board.
For me there is no such dropdown:
I see this
And on clicking on board setting i get this:
So in the latest view
Click on Your Work -> Click on Board Tab
Now you will see 3 dots ... and just delete.
It was slightly difficult to find
Thanks for this. This is the way to do it atm.
It hidden in the search bar:
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.