I completed a clean install of Jira 7.3.8 using MS SQL Server as the DB on the backend. Based on the documentation in the below two reference articles, Latin1_General_CI_AI is one of the two supported Collations:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver072/connecting-jira-applications-to-sql-server-2012-828787572.html
https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver073/connecting-jira-applications-to-sql-server-2012-861253047.html
After some initial config of my 7.3.8 system, I proceeded to upgrade to 7.6.2. Post upgrade I received the following warning accessing Jira for the first time:
The following warnings should be fixed, but you can choose to ignore them and continue starting JIRA.Database: Your database is using an unsupported collationYour mssql database is currently using an unsupported collation: Latin1_General_CI_AI. You should change this to a supported collation:SQL_Latin1_General_CI_AISQL_Latin1_General_CP437_CI_AI
Can anyone advise which is actually correct (Latin1_General_CI_AI or SQL_Latin1_General_CI_AI) as there is clearly a discrepancy in the documentation vs the startup check.
Hi David,
It seems that you are being affected by JRASERVER-59378.
At this time please vote on JRASERVER-59378 and for the time being ignore the Error in the logs and confirm the supported collation with the JIRA Instance Health Add-on per the workaround in JRASERVER-59378.
Cheers,
Branden
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.