Have anyone able to add a customized gadget into a Jira Cloud Instance? I've been trying the tutorial (link below) but I do not know why it would not work. Could someone please help me? If you have tried any other tutorials and it works for you, please share with me. thank you!
https://developer.atlassian.com/server/jira/platform/writing-gadgets-for-jira/
Vi,
That documentation is for use with Jira Server.
To extend the cloud instance you need to go with Atlassian Connect:
https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/extending-the-user-interface/
Atlassian Connect is the way you integrate your apps with cloud instances.
Hope it helps
Hello Gaston, thank you for your reply.
I followed the example from : https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/modules/dashboard-item/
After cloning the example into my local computer, I'm still confused of how would I add into the Gadget List on Dashboard?
I am successfully added in a add-on follow by this step: https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/getting-started/
Thank you so much for your help!
updated note: I went into Manage add-ons and was able to add on the Atlassian Connect JIRA Dashboard Item Example. However, I cannot find it in the Gadget List (in Dashboard).
That suggests your add-on doesn't actually implement anything. Check the add-on definition file to make sure it tells Jira that there really is a gadget there.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.