I used to be able to give more then one label to an issue , and now I can only add one
I'm the admin for this project but I can't find what was changed.
Hi,
I actually was able to solve the issue by adding the labels as a field to that screen
Thank you for your help!
Jira doesn't have a way to restrict the number of labels natively so there's something odd going on here.
Could you describe "can't add more than one label" in detail? Where does the process of "click, type, commit" go wrong exactly?
Hi Nic,
Thanks for your quick response!
After creating a ticket, if I watch the ticket, I have a possibility to add labels (see: http://prntscr.com/hqiirg)
then, If I add one label, the field is "locked" and I can't edit it (neither remove the existing label nor add a new one)
http://prntscr.com/hqijff
thanks
Are you saying that if you are a watcher on the issue, you can change the label field?
That makes even less sense, unless it is "locking" ALL the fields, not just labels.
Could you step through all of what happens? i.e
Create issue - can you enter labels there before you save the new issue? One or many? If only one, how does the "cannot enter more" actually stop you?
View issue - I assume you get no "pencil" icon to enable edit mode for the label field?
Edit issue - is the label field on the edit screen when you use edit?
So what you meant was not "can't add more than one label", but simply "cannot edit the labels field, only create them".
Yes, you needed to add the label field to the "edit" screen.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.