We are using Jira software 7.6.0 on a Ubuntu 16.4 server. Jira is generating a large amount of disk I/O (averaging 300-500 KB per second). We only have 3 users that typically use Jira twice a day. There is absolutely no reason for this kind of I/O for an idle system. We have had to move the server's disk off of an SSD to a regular hard drive due to the excessive SQL database I/O.
In investigating it, it appears to be a huge number of inserts and deletes into the rundetails table. It appears that the culprit might be scheduled jobs for com.atlassian.jira.plugin.ext.bamboo.service.PlanStatusUpdateJob. We have more than a hundred of those jobs and they are scheduled to run every minute. To add insult to injury, if the jobs are really tied to Bamboo, we don't even use Bamboo and have no plan to do so.
Is there any way to stop these jobs or change the interval? We typically only use the system once in the morning and once in the evening. We don't need 100+ jobs running every minute!
Thanks
FYI, while no one was using Jira, I upgraded Jira software to 7.6.1 and now we have 2 more of the jobs under com.atlassian.jira.plugin.ext.bamboo.service.PlanStatusUpdateJob than we had before the upgrade that now run every minute. Do we possible have a problem that jobs are getting created that never go away and they are just building up? If so, is there any way to safely delete the jobs?