according to
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/configuring-columns-764477997.html#Configuringcolumns-enablingkanbanbacklog
I should be able to use epics on a kanban board but on my kanban board I cannot get turn on the epics.
Any hint where I can check/set more to enable epics on the kanban backlog?
Hello @[deleted]
Which version of JIRA are you using. Have you seen this documentation
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwareserver/managing-epics-in-a-kanban-project-938845412.html
Epic panel are now supported in kanban, also check if the "filter" which is fetching issues for your board is fetching Epics.
Please go through this KB article to troubleshoot exact cause.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/issues-are-not-appearing-in-boards-779159013.html
jira version = v7.4.2#74004
i read the documentation page and I am admin of the project and admin of the board (but not the jira admin).
Does the filter results contains the epics?
the first result on the backlog is an epic
Can you make sure that in the board's column mapping configuration the Epic's statuses are mapped to an column on the board.
I'm having exactly the same problem. JIRA server version v7.4.5.
Like Peter, I see the epics in the backlog, so it's not a filtering problem. There's simply no option to enable the Epics panel.
Is this feature only available for JIRA cloud?
If I read between the lines of the documentation, it looks like the Epics panel may be enabled in v7.5? 7.5 adds this line to the "Enabling the Kanban backlog" docs:
With versions and epics displayed in separate panels, you can also easily assign issues to specific releases, and filter these issues by epics that they belong to.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwareserver075/configuring-columns-935562400.html
Would be great to have confirmation that's actually the case before I push for an upgrade.
This is indeed available in JIRA server 7.5:https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Are-the-Epic-and-Version-panels-available-on-Kanban-backlogs-in/qaq-p/696938
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.