All, I'll start with the caveat that a similar question has been raised https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Questions/Add-a-Custom-field-multi-level-cascading-select-field-to-Service/qaq-p/600470 but no direct solution provided.
This seems pretty simple the use case is the following:
1. Single point of entry point in customer portal for multiple issue types (hardware, software, newtwork, mobile, etc).
2. Within the above categories there are 2 levels of delineation that end user needs to select .
Example:
Level 1 -> Level 2->Level 3
Hardware -> Desktop/Laptop -> Memory Upgrade
Hardware -> Desktop/Laptop -> Hard drive upgrade
Hardware -> Printer -> Zebra
Hardware -> Printer -> Laser Printer
Software -> Install -> Chrome
Software -> Configure-> SnagIT
How are other people tacking this problem? Are you using multiple entry points or is there a solution that I am missing that is straight forward. the
I know that using multiple entry points in customer portal and multiple custom variables can be used, it messy and trying to avoid it.
Thanks in advance!!
RG
Jira 7.3.4, JSD 3.4.1, Scriptrunner 5.2.2