Hi,
We noticed today that some pages are not loading the information that is on them and show blank. Not sure if there were some changes done on your end to affect this, but it needs to be rectified as soon as possible please?
Thank,
Thami.
Hello Thamsanqa,
It is possible the pages are corrupt for some reason.
If you edit the page directly (you can use the URL in this format):
https://YOUR-INSTANCE.atlassian.net/wiki/pages/editpage.action?pageId=21758385
Then can you try to publish it without making changes, or also copy and re-paste the contents of the page into the editor?
As a moderator I can see the URLs in your original post, and I was able to test the content in affected page and when I re-paste it into a new Confluence page, I am able to load it. So please give that a try. My example uses the initial page ID of the affected page you showed, but if you have more than one page you can try with the page ID of that page, which you can grab from the URL.
Kind regards,
Shannon
Links removed.
Hi Shannon,
I have tried to edit the page then published it as per your suggestion, which did not fix the black page issue(the content is there when I edit). I have also tried different browsers and networks. What is weird is that the subpages to that page show without issues.
Also, what could corrupt a page, and how would we go about fixing that?
Thanks,
Thami,
Sometimes when you copy/paste a lot of content from other pages to make the page, it could corrupt it.
I was able to replicate the problem myself. My next suggestion would be to create a whole new Confluence page and copy/paste the content and see if that works for you. Something on the page itself seems to be causing the loading issue.
Another option would be to install Source Editor and use it to inspect the code to see if anything has gone wrong in the page.
Question: was the page working prior to a previous version? That might help explain what is causing the page not to load.
Regards,
The pages were showing correctly last week. For me to use the Source Editor, the pages needs to show, which is not doing. The page shows the page sub-tree on the left panel and the URL address at the top, but does not show Edit, "Save for later", "Watch" and the like , which is were I assume the Source Editor would show. How can use the Source Editor in that case.
Was there changes done on Confluence recently?
Copying the content of the one of the pages that does show (can only see content when I am in edit mode) and creating a new page with the same content shows without issues. Why would this not break the page as well, if the problem could be the content of the page? I have seen a few more pages that do not show, having to recreate new pages will take for ever and it will also break our pages layout and a possibility of losing content.
I am sure there has to be another way around this? Please advise?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.