This is a bit of a short question, we need something more to work with
Hi, sorry, I thought I was just making a search. Anyway, what I need to know is how can I manage customer information in JSD. Our customers are all internal and we have an AD connection in place to "load customers" but it seems that is only useful to check email addresses. We dont use customer portal but email to receive incidents. For our agents would be very useful to have customer info like telephone number, position, and office. These fields have information in AD yet. How can we "import" it to JSD?
Yes, answers does lead you to the "new question" thing a little too easily, and it's then easy to hit return and create an empty question.
JIRA doesn't directly support LDAP properties, but there's a few add-ons that will do it. I'm not sure if any of them could pull in the telephone number, picture and so-on into Service Desk, but they can do it in plain JIRA, so your agents would at least have it as they work.
Try https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?application=jira&category=&cost=&hosting=&marketingLabel=&q=ldap - I'd say the Jelus and User Profiles are what you're looking for. I've used the "User profiles" one in Confluence and that did what it said on the tin, but I'd recommend trying both, rather than go on my "well it works in a totally different system" feeling.
OK, LDAP sync for fields is possible only with third-party tool.
It would also viable for us to fill phone number, position and office when "inviting" a customer but as of now we only can put an email and send it to the user/customer.
Can we extend the customer profile adding this fields and filling them manually?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.