Hi,
We are thinking of integrating a knowledge base setup in Confluence with Service Desk tickets.
Basically, suppose some customer asks a question on how to do something, I would be able to either refer to a how-to-article that already exists, or write the answer and create a how-to-article as explanation. Doing so, I answer the question for my customer in a more generic way, possibly usable for other customers, and I gradually fill my how-to articles and I can use it pro-acyivally, e.g. by sending out a newsletter or blog saying ". BTW, did you know you can do ...? Here's how!" and refer to that how-to article.
I tried it but I can't seem to find a way to provide the correct permissions so that I can attach a how-to article in Confluence to a support request from a customer in Service Desk. In the ticket, when I select a how-to-article, I see a message that this article does not have the permissions to be shared with that customer.
Should I create a user in Confluence for that customer that exists in Service Desk, or should I set the permission more open for (how-to)articles I write in Confluence? Or some other solution or approach?
Greetz, Theo