I have added a custom field 'Blocked 'Reason' to my project. This is simply a text custom field. I'm using JIRA Server v7.3.0.
I want to notify 2 specific user roles within the issue (top right corner of the issue under People) when this custom field's value is changed:
1. Issue Assignee
2. Issue Reporter
and maybe 3. QA Engineer
Is there a tool or plugin that will allow me to do this? I've already looked around the tubes, and I should specify two clarification points:
1. I only want to notify these user roles when the custom field changes, not the issue.
2. I've tried using the Automation for JIRA add-on which allows me to notify users, but it does not allow me to pick a user role. Since each issue will have different Assignee, Reporter, and QA Engineer, I need to be able to allow JIRA to determine the user assigned to the role.
Thanks!