Hello!
Is it possible to configure the new Jira issue view? I need to ad some fields.
Hey @Olga_Popova,
Unfortunately there is currently no way to configure the display of fields on the new issue view – but this is something that we're working on.
If the new design currently doesn't meet your needs, you can go back to the old view by switching the feature off in your user profile – this will allow you to configure your fields using the Issue Detail View page in Board Settings.
Feel free to "Watch" the page (https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiracorecloud/the-new-jira-issue-view-938040503.html) to get notified of when configuration is available and what other improvements are made available.
Also, if you have any feedback for the team you can click the "Give feedback" button in the top right. We read this daily and use this to inform what we build and improve next.
Hope this helps!
Hello,
What do you mean by "new Jira issue view"?
Probably the new(ish) Cloud layout. It's still configurable the same as Server (moving fields around etc)
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiracorecloud/the-new-jira-issue-view-938040503.html
I tried to configurate it as the Server, but unsuccessfully. Firstly i can't find the right screen, secondly if I configurate through the settings of boards, at the end nothing was changed.
you can't even change the ticket type from this view! I just wasted an hour trying to figure this mess out.
You probably have not got the issue type on the edit screen.
The change to the new layout will not have changed that, you're looking at the wrong problem.
Tried give feedback here https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiracorecloud/the-new-jira-issue-view-938040503.html but the feedback link seems broken, so I am unable to give feedback.
The feedback is that I'd like to also see fields from add-ons: Sentry, Google Drive files and InVision. They are present in the normal view, but not in the new view.
I agree with other responses. The fact that you can't customize this view at all or re-order the fields results in a negative impact to my team. Atlassian please consider fixing this soon!
this new view really needs to be configurable. custom fields contain the bulk of our critical information and forcing them to live as small text boxes in the right rail with minimal detail in view really hurts the usefulness of jira. The description and comment fields are some of the most useless information in our tickets.
All our most used fields are showing up in the right column way the heck down at the bottom. This view desperately needs to be configurable for it to be useful to anybody!
I am in the same boat. I created a ticket for optionally disabling the new view until Atlassian is finished working out the kinks, since I couldn't find one already...please add your thoughts and vote for it!
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-70131
I have posted feedback about the new view using the Give Feedback option. We definitely need to be able to configure it before it is rolled out across the board. This is going to cause huge issues with our clients. I had information grouped and organized so they could find what they need, now, I can hardly find it. At this point, with all the new changes, I am seeing only problems and no new functionality that would help my teams. I am trying to remain open, but right now, I'm just seeing a lot of extra work.
I agree. I would really like to hear something from Atlassian saying they are at least hearing our problems and working on them, but I don't even know where to look for that.
I can't find the way to open the "edit" screen in the new Jira view. Anyone knows how to do it, or whether it's even possible?
You have to double click into the individual fields. Not user friendly, as I don't see a way to actually get to the edit screen itself.
I have screens that are specifically configured for our intake & prioritization process, e.g. one that loosely mimics the SAFe epic hypothesis statement with custom fields in a specific order, plus separate tabs for calculating WSJF and capturing other relevant information.
This new view completely destroys my custom screens and is putting my entire enterprise-wide process at risk. The custom tabs are gone. All of the fields from all tabs are in some crazy, not even alphabetical, order. The information on the screen is virtually unusable. This is really bad.
THank you Yuki. The problem is actually that some fields don't show up until filled out, so if I wanted to enter a value in the field that was not populated when the issue was created, it seems to be now impossible.
The new view is a complete failure in my opinion
Yup. That happens too. In the Backlog, you can do a "." (period) and enter "Edit" to get to the edit screen, but not from the POS New Issue View.
Also, I noticed that in the New Issue View, the Epic Links field does not recognize epics that exist in my instance. I have to revert to the old view to use the Epics Links field.
Good luck - this issue is marked as Solved, so they've effectively walked away from it.
I have tried to post feedback at https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiracorecloud/the-new-jira-issue-view-938040503.html, but, as noted elsewhere, that generates an error.
Security Level field is also unavailable.
This is the behaviour of a bloated dumpster fire of a company who puts out a bloated trash fire of a product, at high volume and low cost for market saturation. I wish we had *never* used Atlassian Cloud.
Lol. I am amused at how such a large company can take a massive UI rollout and make such a debacle of it even after having over a year to get feedback (see many of the comments above and elsewhere) and STILL bungle it. Pretty much every complaint in this thread from over a year ago is STILL valid.
One other beam of joy in my day (besides having all our users be forced to use the "new issue view" suddenly today with no warning of the consequences so well laid out here by other users ages ago) is the explosion of fields that many people in this thread have mentioned. Tabs are gone. Empty fields are everywhere. And, it appears, that the only way to get fields to hide (the old default behavior) is to go to EACH project INDIVIDUALLY, and drill down into "Issue Layout" and then drag and drop EACH field from "Primary" to "Secondary". You can't even shift click them. My JIRA cloud instance has 100s of custom fields. Thanks Atlassian!
IF ANYONE KNOWS A WORK AROUND FOR THIS PLEASE LET ME KNOW! Kerrrazzzy.
P.S. Atlassian, in addition to tabs being gone for Activity and history etc - the tabs in the edit view are also gone. I guess atlassian just hates tabs because they are hard to use with our fat fingers on our mobile phones. Who wants to use JIRA on a mobile phone? NOOOOOOT MEEEEEE. Not anyone I work with. It is just dumb. Okay whatever, sad rant into the void over. Thanks for listening. Someone should get fired I would hope though!
To all you disgruntled JIRA users forced to switch to this horrendous new issue view, here is the message I had to send to ALL the users of JIRA where I work. Feel free to copy and re-use it. The fact that I had to write such an email is a sad commentary about Atlassian's disconnection from the reality of its cloud users:
=====================================================
Hello,You may have noticed that JIRA lecture and course tickets (aka "issues") are suddenly totally "improved". And by "improved", I mean they are much more annoyingly user-UN-friendly. It shows empty fields that no one needs to see that were formerly hidden. Downloading files is now an annoying multi-step process. Advancing the workflow is done in one location (rather than show context relevant buttons). Tabs and other functionality are missing. Etc. Nothing was gained functionally, but they sure rearranged the deck chairs. If the transitions from Hipchat to Teams was frustrating for you, this new view will probably induce a mildly painful sensation of deja vu.The good news is that, for now, you can turn it off. Unfortunately, it appears to be something that needs to be turned off at the individual level and not the administrative level. So that means you need to do it - I will look further into shutting it off globally but in the meantime, at least you can get rid of it, and get back to the more familiar interface.HOW TO TURN OFF THE NEW JIRA ISSUE VIEW:
To turn the new issue view on or off in Jira Software and Jira Core for now, head to Your profile and settings () > Personal settings and toggle the switch for the New Jira issue view.
If you don't see the Personal settings option when you click your avatar, the switch to turn the new issue view on or off will appear under Profile.
The "Your Profile and Settings" icon is the one in the extreme lower left of your JIRA screen. Once you go to "Personal Settings" there is a section called "JIRA Labs" and a switch to turn off the new JIRA view.
Having finally found a way to move the fields around on the New View (The Configure command on the upper right ... menu), now I can't find the things I need. The Time Tracking field that's available doesn't allow us to enter an Original Estimate of hours any more; only how much time has been spent can be entered. This (once again!) makes the new issue view unusable for us.
We are getting very good at turning it off, though.
The "Configure" button isn't showing up on issues in my Jira Service Desk project (it shows up in issues in my Jira Software project).
Not sure why...
Still today
Still today, am I missing something?
I have opened a ticket with Jira about this. I'm really upset. The new view is beyond awful. IT has bugs and it trampled over existing features right and left.
@David Brennerthis just happened to you? Are you saying you FINALLY got forced onto the new issue view this month? I AM JEALOUS. They did it us back in 2019! Before many of the head-ache reducing features were introduced (for example you can now copy a field layout from one project to another which for me is a life-saver but at the time made me want to throw my monitor out the window as all fields had to be rearranged on every project by hand).
Not minimizing the amount of suck you are having right now - just saying that BEFORE ATLASSIAN INVENTED SCHOOLBUSES I HAD TO WALK 20 MILES IN THE SNOW TO GET TO SCHOOL. Lol - all caps for the comedic effect. So yeah, it sucks but it could have been so much worse!
Hi @Charles Jamison there is an option to keep the old view - right now it says it's good until Aug 24. They never forced you to the new view.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.