Is it possible to integrate JIRA and JIRA Service Desk with Oracle Access Manager and what components are needed to ensure a successful integration?
Hello Jim,
If you have JIRA datacenter you should be able to integrate to OAM using the built-in saml.
If you are using server, then you need a third party SAML app like ours:
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?query=kantega
We have many customers that use OAM. Let me know if you struggle setting it up.
Lars, Kantega Single Sign-on
Thanks Lars for the reply. I am completely new to JIRA so even the concept of a JIRA Datacenter is new to me. I am involved in a project where JIRA is being implemented as a Service Desk tool and a issue/bug tracking. In order for users to be able to monitor issues/service desk calls, they will need to access the JIRA Application and DB. As I am using OAM to front the Oracle Production Estate, I am wondering if OAM can be used to control access to the Oracle Estate as well as the JIRA Repository? It appears that it can although I am not sure what Kantega SSO is?
Hi Jim,
I'll try to be brief
JIRA Data center supports SAML. JIRA Server does not.
OAM supports SAML and Kerberos.
This means that if you are using JIRA Data Center you can integrate it with OAM using SAML.
If you are using JIRA Server, then you'll need an add-on to get SAML/Kerberos.
Kantega SSO is an add-on that makes JIRA and JIRA Service Desk support SAML and Kerberos.
-Lars
@Lars Olav Velle
Hi Lars,
I'm using Jira Server 8.3 and I would like to integrate it with OAM using SAML protocol, is there a way to do it without a third-party app to integrate?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.