Hi
My name is Nandish.
I have one query regarding Agile term " Project ".Right now I am working as a Project Manager in a startup firm (we are trying to implement the agile methodology in our organization). We have one prime client with a full-time dedicated work and the product is an "online event management" website. This website is a huge product in itself and spans across multiple components/modules like search, payments, profiles etc. We have just started using Jira so my questions are:
1) Should I consider each component/module as an individual project? Or there should be one project and those modules should be considered as an epic or component of that project?
2) Another point to consider here is that many of those modules are already build and tasks/features keep coming into them. So should I consider them as components in JIRA?
3) If I consider them as Epic then there might be a situation where I won't be able to close that epic ever. But the plus side I can manage it from my single project.
4) I read few articles online and found this hierarchy online. Is it correct?
Product-->Project-->Epics-->Story
5) Another question is can we have a single backlog of multiple projects if we opt for multiple project options?
6) Lastly could you please recommend some best practices based on your experience and what agile states?Please help me I am very confused.
Thank you.