Hello,
I'm pretty new to JIRA, and wanted to know if there is an easy (or so) way to automatically create and link a new issue in a different project when a task/story is transitioned to a resolved state.
Additionally, when the new item created and linked to the original task/story is closed, I would like to change the original issue's status (or custom field) from "Pending QA" to "QA Approved".
I have seen different plugins to allow automation (ScriptRunner and automation for Jira for example). Do these behaviors require such add-ons, and if yes could you please point out to some links which could help me create them ?
The context is the following: our development team work in multiple Scrum projects, however our QA works in a Kanban board. When a story or task is done by the development team, we want to let the QA team know that the item needs to be tested. I am also open to other suggestions as to how to handle this scenario in a different way.
Thank you.