Hi Team,
I set up Time Spent column for 'Done" tasks to show a customer how much time we spent on the task, but now showing anything in the column. Please help.
Enthusiastic JIRA beginner, Dick
No, not quite.
Column management is directly related to issue workflow. This has zero bearing on showing time spent or other fields in the database. What you've done is added a new status calledGreentime spent to the workflow and changed the Sprint's definition of done to the Greentime spent status. In fact, you're likely adversely affecting your sprints and reports with that configuration. You should revert it.
You're mostly interested in the Issue Navigator and Filters/Dashboards.
You can also show timespent on issue cards using the Customize Cards function.
Can you show us an example of an issue with time logged on it but nothing showing in the issue navigator view?
image2016-3-24 15:0:34.png
I used Column Management with option of
Columns can be added, removed, reordered and renamed. Columns are based upon global statuses and can be moved between columns. Minimum and maximum constraints can be set for each mapped column.
The days in column visual indicator will not show the content of your field it will just show a time in a column. The section you need to look at are the card details part of the configuration where you can add the new field to the default display. Note you are restricted to only being able to add 3 fields to the card.
Thanks a lot Steven. It works very well. Card Layout option is what I wanted.
Please pardon for another question. I used Gantt chart add-on, but my customers we able to access other projects via Gantt add-on which I did not want. So I deactivated Gantt access for that user, but it also deactivated JIRA Software access as well. Is there anyway to deactivate Gantt add-on only? I checked permission management, no avail.
Many thanks^^
image2016-3-24 15:56:45.png
Unfortunately I am not that familiar with Atlassian Cloud and the related add-ons. Most of my knowledge is based in the Server version of the Atlassian products. It may suit you to open a new Question with a relevant subject so someone else who's more familiar can help you with that.
If you explained what you mean by "deactivate gantt access" I might be able to help.
Thanks Steven. I went to Managing Application menu and then click on Gantt Application ==> click on User ==> then I deactivate some users. This caused to deactivate JIRA Software users as well. That's all. Anyway thanks so much for your great help on Time Spent^^
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.