This one seems to come up from time to time. It looks like it is back today ... anyone else getting:
Error retrieving data for urlhttps://<domain>.atlassian.net/rest/api/2/field: <html> <head> <title>Unauthorized (401)
I tried a direct request through cURL and it responds the same way today.
Hi Chris,
REST API needs authentication and that can be achived by various ways, easiest and most common one being Basic Auth (using an HTTP Header encoded in Base64). When you're consulting the API through your browser, if you currently are logged in the application, a cookie is automatically retrieved but if the consumer of the API is a distant resource, it needs to be authenticated.
Did you send authentication credentials along with your request?
Thanks!
Thanks! Ya, it just started working again later that day. There was speculation that it was related to the CAPTCHA needing to be refreshed, but that wasn't it. It just started working with no intervention. Seems like there are changes being made on the REST system these days. This also launched the beginning of another issue I am tracking separately now.
Great, glad it worked then! I can guess you're using a cloud instance due to the URL and the REST API might be evolving a lot as you mentioned! usually it does not have a huge impact but might trigger some unexpected behaviours from time to time! Hope it won't affect your instance too much.
I'm hitting this problem too, while trying to use the Cloud REST API:
<html> <head> <title>Unauthorized (401)</title>...trimmed... <div class="aui-message aui-message-warning warning"> <p>Encountered a <code>"401 - Unauthorized"</code> error while loading this page. </p> <p> <a href="/secure/MyJiraHome.jspa">Go to Jira home</a> </p> </div> </section> <!-- .aui-page-panel-content --> </div> <!-- .aui-page-panel-inner --> </div> <!-- .aui-page-panel --> </body></html>
I have created an API token and am using Postman to issue a GET request to https://<subdomain>.atlassian.net/rest/api/2/issue/XYZ-123
I'm using my email address as the username in Basic Auth, and using the API token as the password. Postman is correctly generating a base64 encoded Authorization header with the value 'Basic <base64 encoded string>'.
Furthermore I have looked at the 'Last accessed' time for the API token (https://id.atlassian.com/manage/api-tokens) to verify that it updates to 'a few seconds ago'
Anyone know what's going on? I never seen any response other than the 401.
Thanks Neil it worked like charm
@Neil McMillan ,
How can we get the original email?
It works just fine with my jira test instant using my email and the generated token from JIRA, with when i'm trying to connect to jira client, with the email (google account ) and a token of a user but it keeps returning 401 status. How can we get the original email?
Thank's in advance.
thanks neil.my man
Hola! Estoy teniendo ese mismo error en el jira, a la hora de ver la actividad reciente de el tablero me aparece vacío y me sale error 401
¿Alguien sabe que puede estar pasando?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.