If I want to put a background image behind all of JIRA, what do I need to do? I know i can modify the look and feel for colors, etc, but how do i add background images or color?
You could also use CUTE Plugin, see: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/de.communardo.atlassian.plugins.cute
To use it as a background, look no further than here: https://support.communardo.de/display/cute/JIRA+Wallpaper+Extension
The good thing about this solution is, that it's a plugin, you could switch it on or of. Also you can change the wallpaper quite easily and schedule wallpaper switching using JavaScript. Plus you can do a whole lot more with CUTE
You could write your own CSS file and include it via the announcment banner.
Eg: <link href="http://url-to-css-file" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
Is there another way, so say hardcode it in
Is there a plugin or can I edit one of the files?
You can surely search the right velocity file and edit that there, but I wouldn't recommend this, as you have to redo your changes as soon as you update Jira.
I don't believe there is a plugin for that, as it would have to change the existing Jira files.
Hello,
as we moved our documentation the wallpaper extension can be found here now:https://communardo.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/cute/pages/27870078/JIRA+Wallpaper+Extension
If you have further questions or support requests you can always contact our support.
Kind regards
FranzCommunardo Support
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.