With the new JIRA layout, I can not specify a project key while creating the project. After creating the project, i have to go into it's settings to modify the key that was auto generated.
Hi,
When you create a project, there is project key field on the same screen where you specify the Project name. Usually this field auto-populates key based on the name given in the name field. You can edit it according to your choice.
I am talking about the new JIRA layout. Your explanation covers the old layout and the way we were accustomed to doing it. See the screen shot below, all we have is an option to name the project and to create with a shared configuration.
Sorry my bad.. I thought something is wrong with your screen. Haven't really worked new interface..
No worries, i am not sure if the new layout is finalized or how they are rolling it out, but we have had it for a month or so now. I like it and the above mentioned issue is the only one we have had. It isn't as if i can't modify the key at all, it just a few extra steps to get to it.
I am still having this issue
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.