On 25 October, I asked a question. I had an issue with the response, but nothing was forthcoming.
"When I do an advanced search with a phrase that contains a period (.), the results are unexpected.
I need to find issues that contain the string ".airspace." without those where airspace only appears without the two periods.
With Summary ~ ".airspace." I get those without the periods too.
When I add a word that precedes the string to avoid this problem, there is no result:
"word1.airspace." will give no results.
"word1\\.airspace." will give no results
"word1\\.airspace.\\" will give no results
even though ".airspace." will give the results and "word1" will give the results, but both with too many false hits.
What can I do?"
I received this answer:
"According to the linked community thread:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Questions/Searching-an-issue-which-matches-exactly-the-given-words/qaq-p/248591
for this type of exact match search, you can use double quotes, but internal quote needs to be escaped with backslash:
summary ~ "\".airspace.\""
I tried to do the same search in our local instances and it is giving correct results.
Please, try it and let us know how it went.
Regards,
Marko"
I replied:
Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately it does not work.
summary ~ "\".airspace.\""
returns also all the issues that have the word airspace in the summary. I want to have only those with the periods.
I want to find .airspace. without "airspace".
Can anyone help me?
Thanks!
Manuel