I did not find a way to clone a board in the new Jira. How can I do this?
This is ridiculous. I used to work with copied boards a lot. Now in the new design, there seems to be no way to do this. Is there really no way to do this?
I have recently switched back to the old UI but believe if you go to view all boards page you can click on the elipses to the right of the board you wish to copy.
You can copy a board in JIRA. From the "boards" drop down you can click on "View all boards" and from there when you see the list of boards then you can click on the options available for the board and copy the board.
Thanks for the feedback. It just seems that with the "new" Jira there is no "Boards" drop down anymore.
@Thomas Wrobel, we’re you not able to copy via the view all boards and selecting the board of your choice? To get to the view all boards you click on the magnifying glass (search).
Thanks, @Jack Brickey, you're a life saver. I must say, that under the magnifying glass is not the most obvious or intuitive places in my opinion. But now I have found "all boards", everything is fine.
indeed. an example of why I moved to the old UI. I like the new UI in a lot of respects but I miss my menu bar. Part of this is because I was used to it but part because my common tasks are at my finger tips.
Where is this "Boards" drop-down? I don't see it!
@[deleted], the drop down exists for server but not cloud. At least it used to be on Server so assume it is still there. :-)
Okay, so cloud we can not view all boards, clone boards, etc?
@Atlasssian - can we get a response for this question please? It has been almost a year.
without this feature - it pretty much makes Jira unusable for me
@Gavin McMurdo, while i'm not an Atlassian I can try to assist.
What are you looking for here? The original post was about how to copy a board which has been answered? Is that what you are looking for or something else? If something else I would encourage you to create a new question if an answer does not exist.
Thanks Jack- you sir are a life saver, many thanks!
Found it, thanks !
@Romain , this really should be a new question as it seems different. That said....
Maybe i'm not understanding your question/issue?
Followed all this and the 3 little dots to copy are missing on next-gen projects still there on kanban and scrum wtf Atlassian?
yup
I found this link that allows you to clone "copy" and board and all its columns. etc.
https://worldplaydev.atlassian.net/secure/ManageRapidViews.jspa
Hi,
We need to "Request Access" to that link, yet the "Request Access" feature is currently broken/unavailable.
Help?
To copy a board1. goto https://yoursite-here.net/jira/boards
2. click ... (ellipisis) and choose copy from the dropdown3. you should now see your copied board in your project.
Yes, I would also need to copy Next-Gen boards
Thank you for this.
In the current UI if you go to dashboard / view all dashboards it takes you to /jira/dashboards, which does NOT show all the boards.
When I go to /jira/boards, I see a smaller list of dashboards that includes those hidden in the first link.
Blech.
So helpful -- thank you!!
Oh God!You are the best, in 2026, this still works ! https://yoursite-here.net/jira/boards Thank you so much!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.