Hello,
We want to turn off new jira Experiance UI but there is not any option like turn off. (there is not a menu as NEW Jira EXPERIENCE)
Could you please help
Utku
Hi Utku,
At the time of this post, some users are able to disable the experience in this way:
Is this the menu you do not currently have? Please confirm your Cloud details, if so, and I'll have a look.
We are working on rolling this out to everyone and soon it will be obligatory for all instances, so please be aware of that.
Kind regards,
Shannon
Hi everyone,
Thanks so much for your feedback on the recent Jira Cloud changes. You have helped Jira grow into the successful product it is today and we want to tell you more about our reasons behind this move.
The new Jira experience is motivated by years of customer frustration around complexity and usability problems. The design has been validated through in-depth analyses of feedback and rigorous user testing, with the goal of enabling all teams who work with it to access the power of Jira. Another goal was to build the foundation for a cohesive experience across all Atlassian Cloud products, which paves the way for future development and innovation.
To address these goals, we introduced a revised information architecture and navigation experience that focuses more on frequent tasks and closely aligns with other Atlassian Cloud products. We know that relearning product navigation when all you want to do is get on with your day can be frustrating. As you become more familiar with the new navigation, we are confident that finding your way around Jira will be simpler and more intuitive.
In the next few months, all Jira customers will be switched over to the new experience. We are committed to working with you through this change. If you run into any functional issues, please don’t hesitate to contact our support team.
Thanks again so much for your patience as Jira grows into a simply powerful tool for you and your teams.
Cheers,
Daniel FranzPrincipal Product Manager Jira Cloud Platform
Hi Shannon,
Thank you for quick answer.
Yes we don't see any Turn off for now option as your screeshot.
Could you have a look.
https://olympos.atlassian.net/
Thanks
I have requested a change on your instance that should allow you to switch to the old version by tomorrow.
Please follow-up with me then to confirm if it is resolved.
I want to also let you know that soon this feature will not be available for anyone. You can expect that in the next few months it will not be possible revert back to the New Experience. Therefore, I recommend you submit feedback via that menu item for any parts of the Experience that you find unfavorable.
Thank you for your understanding!
Hello guys! I'd like to turn off new UI too, please help:
https://hellocomp.atlassian.net
I have requested the change, and you should see it sometime in the next few days. Once you do, please let us know!
Hi guys,
please turn off new UI for my site:
http://agyadata.atlassian.net
Thank you.
Done, I had found menu to turn new UI off.
Ikhlasul,
Happy you were able to find the menu option! Take care!
To whoever will see this post in the future;
You may request a ticket with Cloud Support with your instance specifically if you do not see the option to turn off this feature.
Please be advised this is only a temporary possibility, and in the future we will not be able to offer it as the new look will be the standard for all users.
Until then, you are still welcome to check with Cloud Support to see if it is possible for your instance (only if you do not already see the option from your avatar menu in the left-hand corner.
Let me give my opinion: I suggest you to rename the "new experience" to "bad experience". This new layout is terrible. I'm subscribing to Jira Cloud but with this layout I'm thinking hundreds times...
Hi Shannon, I'd like to turn my new UI off too. There's no menu that allows me to do so.
pipsisland.atlassian.net
Best,
Ben
Hi @Shannon S I could not agree more with @jonasmandic, I have been using JIRA for many years and have now moved to a new company and am trying to purchase a set number of licenses but having started the trials with this new setup I now do not have the option to use the older (better) version.
I should not have to log multiple cases with your support team to get this done.... please get this fixed asap as the worst of it is, you support documentation is very limited on the new UI and pretty useless.
@[deleted],
I had a look at our support system, but it doesn't look like you have yet created a support ticket with us in order to check if it's possible to revert you to the old look.
I will create one for you now, in case you were having trouble doing that earlier.For future reference you can go through support.atlassian.com to raise a ticket; I'm not sure which method you were using earlier as they hadn't reached us.
Please provide your feedback, both of you, using the feedback option on your new look, when clicking on your profile photo in the bottom -left hand of your Jira instance. It will go straight to the developers. You can also include feedback there on any particular support article that you find is poorly documented. We appreciate any input from our users!
Regards,
Hi @Shannon S,
Thank you for the prompt response, I was trying to do the sensible thing of checking the community for solutions before creating a ticket but have also created a ticket too (although it may have been a minute after your response).
I will also make use of the in-org feedback option but still am rather disappointed with the fact that this new UI looks great (for the end user perhaps) but for admins seems to be a bit of a nightmare to get anything done.
Everest
Hi Shannon
I'm currently doing a course through Lynda.com on how to use JIRA but the course was recorded using the old version of JIRA. Would it be at all possible to revert my trial instance to use the old version for the purpose of my studies. I have no problem with the new layout but to learn this way is going to make the course challenging and unenjoyable.
skuzzy.atlassian.net
Many ThanksRoss
Hi Ross,
It is not possible to revert your trial to the old style. I would recommend installing a Jira Test instance for Server on your workstation if you need to use the older version that's being displayed on Lynda. This would more closely match what you're seeing on the screen there.
The trial setup is pretty easy, and you'll be able to use an evaluation license and the embedded database, provided you won't be using it for a production instance.
Hi,
https://casinotv-kg.atlassian.net/
We've been using cloud for more than a year - and I honestly don't understand what's the strong urge behind this change.
How about good old principle "don't touch it while it works"?
This nice high-contrast color scheme makes me blind, this nice new layout makes me angry.
Each time cloud tried to enforce this layout on me I was shutting it off and writing that we don't need it in feedback - but looks like it was all for nothing.
Is it really hard to make a switch for templates, so we could just continue our work without getting angry?
Thanks.
Cheers Shannon, will do.
https://inlivetw.atlassian.net
Hi there,
I'm a big fan of Atlassian and have been using your products and learning from your UX approach for a few years now.
I have 2 instances of Jira, one of which is on the new interface which I've been trying out for a few weeks. I would like to revert back to the 'old' interface if possible but can't see the option that has been mentioned in this thread. What should I do?
From a personal perspective I think the new UI needs some work to achieve the same painless and intuitive appeal of the old one.
Best regards,
Andy
Please turn off new UI for me at below.Earlier i could switch back to old UI but today that option is not coming .Please help at the earliest-
https://agilectb.atlassian.net
Hi Dheeraj,
It is no longer possible to switch to the old look. If there's anything in particular about it that you can't find, please let me know, or you can submit via the Feedback option when clicking on your avatar:
Hi Wayne,
As of last month, it is no longer possible to revert to the old style.
If there's any particular feature you'er having trouble using, please let me know, otherwise you can submit feedback to the developers via this menu:
Thanks for the help, I have understood the subject.
Wayne
I want to turn off new jira. it is terrible. All the training everywhere is for old version.
Please reverse to old version -
It is no longer possible to turn it off.
Please raise this as a complaint at https://support.atlassian.com/contact and consider migrating to server, where you won't get the new layout for a long time (hopefully long enough for Atlassian to fix or abandon the new layout)
I see that ATLASSIAN does not hear users! Turn off this terrible new jira.
Provide people option to turn it off like it was before. I really hate this new Jira UI!
Please revert "Turn off" oprion back!!!
Hi Alexander Kulikov ,
We are also facing same terrible new jira experiance !
I totally agree with your feed back .
I also already raise an issue with the same but may be ATLASSIAN people are not ready to listen customer Problem.
We Really dont want.
Today they removed the option to opt out of the horrible new UI :-(
We do submit feedback; Atlassian's JIRA is full of "wontfix" issues, like the ability to set default filters and many more ...
... ALL of which would make more sense than removing a great UI, and forcing a horrible one onto users.
I am experiencing the same issue. This new UI lacks alot and makes me not want to use this tool.
I'm also struggling with the new UI (as per my earlier post), flipping between frustration and spotting some useful enhancements that will improve the experience for me personally.
Atlassian have a great track record in UX and I have no doubt they'll resolve the common problems we are facing. My suggestion would be to help them do this by providing feedback on specific issues (as per Shannon's response) so that the main gripes are highlighted early, prioritised and fixed.
Daniel, I'm sorry to say but this is a huge mistake.
In my view, Jira is (or was) a good tool because it increase the productivity of my team. When you started forcing this theme change, you started compromising this productivity removing the main benefit of the tool: the simple mission of increase this productivity. The new theme turned the usability very poor, slow and counter-productive. And it is ugly. I'll give you an example: in the old tool, with two click I was able to show an customized board, the main tool to my team work. In the new theme, it's almost impossible to find the board and quickly switch the screen.
Let's remember the change in Windows start menu. Microsoft removed the main tool from the OS! It was a terrible mistake and Microsoft had to be very "mature" to turn back and give the start menu back. I can't imagine the amount of money was spent with this ridiculous idea.
Please don't let me be misunderstood. I like Jira and I'm writing because of this. I hope Atlassian give users the opportunity to choose the theme they want. I can be wrong, but when you force all users to switch to the new theme, you will have a huge problem, like Microsoft had. Please give us the opportunity to do a choice and give the old theme back. Not because the new theme is ugly, but because the old theme has a very good navigability.
Best regards,Jonas SantosIT Manager and Jira fan (since the old theme).
I'm totally agree with Jonas:
The main problem with new UI is navigation.
For example:
I use few boards with different quick filters, around 10-15 filters on each board. With this I can very, i mean VERY QUICKLY sort issues by a lot of parameters.
1. On one board I use filters for all people: http://take.ms/q5Xhj
2. On second board I use filters for group/issuetype etc http://take.ms/V2GBe
3. On third board i use filters for upper-level types: milestones etc http://take.ms/rlHL2
And with this old Jira-UI I can do it quickly, and I see what filters are on and what are off, without any additional clicks.
Explain me, how in new Jira-UI I will do that?
I have to click to dropdown menu, scroll all that big list, check what filter is on and what is off, then turn necessary filter. Then I have to make another sorting - and then I have to again "click/scroll/check/turn - click/scroll/check/turn on" and so on and so on. IT IS VERY SLOW!
So I definitely will stay with old UI and be glad to have this possibility in future.
And I strongly recommend your company to continue A/B testing such big change in user navigation and of course give all the possibility to CHOOSE what they want.
Thank you very much,
Sergey
+++++
agree with other colleagues = new UI is terrible for many reasons.
Main reason - I spent a lot of time in the past to implement Jira as a tracking tool and project management stuff as a proper approach in my teams, guys are used to it and... what did you do?! change everything without option to return back to previous known UI/UX???
A lot of UI issues usefulness for my side:
- quick filters are NOT really quick any more, no one can find it first time
- boards are hidden inside UI
- main system menu is hidden
etc.
I don't want to discuss new UI, it's your decision, may be someone can find it very useful himself. I want to ask you - please make new UI/UX as a theme, migrate please legacy UI on new API and I'm sure the users will say "thanks".
If you really decided to cut off traditional design I'd share my vision - I have to searching for new one solution for tracking on my future projects.
thanks for attention, @dan
best regards,
Kirill Romanov
It looks like the "Atlassian Team" made a huge mistake, in forcing this new GUI on its customers. This new "information architecture" looks like it was designed by someone who uses Jira for managing very simple projects. It makes invalid assumptions regarding how jira is actually used in the "real" world.
At this juncture, it looks like we will need to start looking for a new vendor. It is that unusable.
It's a pity, as I have been an active user (and atlassian product advocate) for 14 years. Unfortunately, I can no longer recommend this tool. It no longer supports the agility I need to deliver product to market.
Provide us the capability to "Turn Off" the New GUI. We don't want it.
Please, i have the same problem, could you help me?
I want to turn off the new expericence JIRA becase is very very very TERRBLE!!!!!
Please help me!
I have several Istance in cloud:
https://terreproject2019.atlassian.net
https://terreproject2018.atlassian.net
https://nextprj.atlassian.net
HELP ME, i'm so tired to use New UI of JIRA.
Jira must be is easy and fast to navigate!
Daniel,
The problem is that, in trying to improve things, Atlassian fundamentally broke the user experience at least for our implementation.
Jira is a very flexible tool. And the old interface fully supported this flexibility. It was the absence of some pre-defined information model which allowed us to configure our Jira implementation to essentially match our process for building and deploying a micro-services based cloud infrastructure.
Now, with this new information model, if we don't configure Jira as some designer at Atlassian believes the tool should be used, the tool becomes much less intuitive.
Certainly, I have learned how to navigate around this. But now, I have to explain to our users (developers, testers, product managers) how to do simple things -- which used to require a single click and now require multiple clicks. It is annoying. Remember, using Jira is not their main job. They use Jira to help provide visibility.
Please note, several critical features were also broken (i.e. those that allowed me to easily manage shared dashboards and shared filters). I am amazed that someone in the Atlassian product group allowed this to happen. Either Atlassian doesn't understand how its product is used or doesn't care about those users who try to configure the tool to support their agile development needs.
Doug Levitt
Hi @Doug Levitt,
I'm concerned about critical features being broken in the new UI.
I'd love to get more context and have these issues resolved as soon as possible.
Please email me at kerrod.williams@atlassian.com if you're happy to have a quick chat.
Kerrod Williams
Product Manager - Jira Cloud Platform
Dear Manager Kerrod Williams,
as you understand of comment, I'm Manager of more project in Accenture and manage it on JIRA. Now i must reply to several request and I can't have a time to it.
I'm sure that Atlassian want improvement your product but not is not Easy the navigation.
Please could you help me to have Function "Turn Off Jira" on my principal istance?
This is my cloud istance: https://nextprj.atlassian.net/
Help me as soon as possible please.
This UI is garbage. Give us an option to revert please.
I want to turn off at mine too.
http://urbanroosters.atlassian.net/
thanks
It's not an option any more. You are stuck with it. Sorry I can't do anything about it.
now please... right now
You're stuck with it. Unless you move to Server.
actually, I updated a lot of the UI with the 2 simple look and feel color settings. Everything feels different now so I'm surprisingly OK and can find all of the hidden things because I generally know what I'm looking for.
Terrible user experience. How in the ... did they manage to mess up this beautiful program? Please go back to old experience and useability.
Believe it or not, the GUI seems to be getting worse. It was bad enough when I first started using it (earlier this year).
It seems like - in trying to fix the Administrative interface -they are making things worse. Things that used to take seconds, take much much longer. What used to be a well-organized, task-centric interface has been transformed into a literal scavenger hunt. Every time I need to make a change.
I sense this may become one of those inflection points, which leads to the slow, drawn out demise of Atlassian. I certainly hope not.
It's already been a year and "increase" the number of user that hate the new user interface!!!
How does it possible you can't fix it?
Why do you manipulate the way that we want work?
Believe me, the first tool like jira with the UI old style, I will proceed with decommissioning with Atlassian!!!
Consider a move to the Server version (either hosted yourself or by a 3rd party service provider) - Server won't be getting the new interface for a while, and hopefully that time will be long enough for Atlassian to fix all the problems with it (although I can't see an easy way to fix it other than moving back to something more like the old view)
It looks like they are rolling out a new issue view now. I started a separate discussion about it here https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Core-discussions/Thoughts-on-the-NEW-Issue-UI/m-p/833945#M276
The new GUI really sucks. I really want to know who finds these changes to be an improvement.
Daniel -
I'm just curios, have you ran an online NPS throughout your entire customer base regarding the new UX/UI? I didn't see any...
Here's the most telling clue you guys took the wrong direction: you're asking us to view a guided tour. A good design requires no manuals (a famous quote from Steve Jobs)
I've been a Jira buyer and user for many years. The new UX pushed me to look for other solutions. The only reason we didn't move to gitlab yet is because they require an enterprise license to have epics. (too expensive)
You want delighted users. Not frustrated users.
I updated some components recently in our self hosted Jira instance. We would like to turn off the new UI too please.
You do not have the "new ui" on self-hosted Jira.
If you do mean Cloud and not self-hosted, then it's not an option any more. You are stuck with it. Sorry I can't do anything about it.
Sorry, but I have installed a new server version (starter, self-hosted) and I have new look and feel and I do not see anywhere possibility to turn on the old one. How to do this?
I don't know Nic - I have been applying the updates regularly. Last week or the week before we had horizontal lines between the comments in Jira. Not really noticeable until when they suddenly disappeared during some update recently. Now it's hard to read the comments on a ticket. That sounds like an unexplained and unchangable UI change to me.
Atlassian need to revert this. It takes longer to get work done. It's buggy.
Revert then fix whatever bugs were supposedly addressed in the "new" in the old instead.
Revert to the old, apply the fixes and abandon the "new".
You (and a lot of us) wanting them to revert is not the same as them needing to do it.
I'm afraid the old UI is not coming back unless enough of us vote with our feet and move to Server/DC
@Shannon S Atlassian doing a very strange thing - customers says that new interface awful and slow and you yet force people to use it. Why @Shannon S? Who is responsible for this? @Shannon S please answer
Hello Anton,
Thank you for reaching out, and I understand your concerns.
As Daniel mentioned, we built the new UI based on past customer feedback regarding the complexity of Jira and common usability issues. As the feedback is coming in, despite our rigorous testing there are common improvements that customers ask for that we are consistently reviewing. If you happen to have any more of that feedback please be sure to submit it via your Cloud instance and it will reach the team.
If you are running into any functional issues, please feel free to reach out to our support team and they will help address that for you.
At this time, we will be preventing further comments on this thread. Please be sure to leave any further feedback either by the feedback section of your instance, or by reaching out to support in the case of a technical issue.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.