how can I set Epic during workflow transition ? It remains null if updated during workflow transition
I found out the solution, You will have to have an "edit permission" on the project to be able to successfully update epic link during workflow transition.
If the edit button is not required to be shown it can still be disabled using workflow properties.
But this is simply a workaround and not a proper solution.
Thanks,
Sumit
This seems like a dublicate of this question https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/37058984
The format of the value should be "key:issue_key" i.e. key:WW-1 assuming your epic key is WW-1
I can select the value of an epic on workflow transition but when I complete my workflow transition the value appears to be null again. So I am guessing there should be some post function required to set the value once workflow transition is executed so as to store this value.
I thought you already added a post-function that sets the value .
So, install an add-on which allows you to set custom field value in a post-function and use it it set the Epic Link. Here're some add-ons that will allow you to do that:
JIRA Suite Utillities, Script Runner, Misc Workflow Extensions, JJUpin
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.