Can someone help me please...
I am trying to automate the email's coming in from clients into different queues and priorities.
I have set a rule and saved this but nothing is working.
Dear Stacey,
What values are you basing your automation on? Your client will send in an email, with a certain phrase in a field or a value in a custom field and based on that you want to set the Component / Priority.. correct?
Then you base your Queue on Component?
If you can shed some light on your process for me, then I can hopefully be of help to you in resolving this matter.
Friendly Regards,
Jeremy
Basically I want the below to happen.
The client send an email reporting that they have an issue
Jira received this and sends the client an email back - which is working so far
I then want the email request type to change from get help to report an issue from what the email body states i.e issue, urgent, priority...
This is still just coming through as get help not changing the request type to report an issue
Does this make sense
@[deleted], is this question a duplicate of this one or are there different details?
It is the same question however I'm unable to resolve using your knowledge base
Understood but there is good info/Progress that exists there and would suggest we continue the effort to closure in the original ticket.
It certainly makes sense. I wonder however, if the e-mail that is being send to your JIRA leaves a value somewhere. The Jira Service Desk autoamtion cannot act on the fact that an E-mail has been send out by JIRA.. but it can act on parameters in the ticket. So if a parameter was added to your ticket on the moment that you receive the email.. or send the email.. then you could use that parameter to automatically transition the request type.
Do you think it is possible to execute that?
I would love to execute this but i have no idea how to do this. Can you help.
Below is an example of the email i have sent wanting that to change the request type from get help to report an issue nothing changed
Hi,Out app is down and we need this up and running asap. This is causing big impact and needs this looking at immediately
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.